Welcome to Northgate State School. Our P&C is small and active and made up of members passionate about our children and our community.
What do we do?
The P&C is committed to:
- Meeting at least six times a year.
- Supporting the school's ability to acquire resources that benefit students.
- Welcoming and listening to all students and their families.
- Respecting and valuing our cultural diversity.
- Working closely with our principal to support the school's goals.
The P&C meetings provide an opportunity for the Principal to share the school's direction and receive feedback from parents.
When do we meet?
- Meetings are held on a different week day afternoon or evening each month.
- We advertise upcoming meetings on the P&C closed Facebook page, in the school's newsletter and via email.
- All members are sent an agenda prior to the meeting.
Who are our executive members?
- President: Marcus Newton
- Vice President : Skye Adams
- Vice President (events) : Craig Miller
- Treasurer: Sam Toha
- Secretary: Terri Bettany
- Tuckshop Convenor: Danielle Wilson
- Uniform Convenor: Pamela Kichoncho
Our annual general meeting (AGM) is held each February / March where all positions are made vacant and members can express their interest in filling executive positions.
How You Can Be Involved
If you would like to join the P&C, please complete a membership form (PDF, 96KB)
We encourage all parents to be involved by:
- Participating at P&C meetings.
- Engaging in fundraisers.
- Joining in at any of our functions that are hosted throughout the year.
- Volunteering at the tuckshop, uniform shop and P&C events.
We can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or your contact details can be placed in the P&C box located in the office. Alternatively, please contact the school and they will pass the information on.
Why You Should Volunteer
Volunteers help our school run smoothly. Some of the many benefits of volunteering at Northgate State School include:
- Supporting your children's educational, social and emotional needs.
- Connecting you to your school community and allowing you to be engaged with the school's direction.
- Allowing your child to see that you value their school and their education.
- Allowing the P&C and school to provide activities and resources that benefit your child.
- Allowing you to use your skills and talents to enhance our school community.
To indicate your interest to volunteer please email our Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteering@nsspc.org.au
We look forward to meeting you!